Very Rev. Fr. Robert M. Perera O.S.B
Mr TRS Meetiyagoda
- Late Rev. Fr. D. Robert M. Perera O.S.B. 1940–1949
- Late Mr. D. J. N. Senevirathne (M.A.Hons. (Columbia), B.A.Hons. (London), Cert. Cey. History, Trd.) 1949–1968
- Late Mr. K. S. Gunarathne (B.A. (London) – Trained) 1968–1970
- Late Mr. W. B. Gopallawa (B.A.Hons. (London) – Trained) 1970–1976
- Late Mr. Bertie Niilegoda (B.Sc. (Cey.)) 1976–1995
- Mr. Ashoka B. Herath 1995–1998
- Late Mr. G. W. Abeysinghe 1998–2001
St. Sylvester’s began as a separate institution on 1 November 1940 with very Rev. Fr. D. Robert. Perera O.S.B. as the principal. The college owed its inception to the foresight of his Lordship Bishop Bernardo Regno O.S.B. and Abbot Weerasinghe, the heads of the Sylvestro-Benedictine congregation. They felt that a good catholic school in Kandy town was a prime need, once St. Anthony’s h...
VisionIn this rapidly changing world to be able to identify correctly the challenges and barriers in connection with socio-economic environment to act accordingly with determination, courage and skills and to be able to present a human being of great qualities to whom the whole world would salute. Mission The intention of creating a great sylvestrian who is fully concerned of communal harmon...